Turkey has been a popular holiday destination because of its vibrant city life, crystal-clear waters, food, and diverse landscape. With ancient ruins, forests, captivating lakes and rivers, canyons, and almost everything nature has to offer, a trip to Turkey will be an unforgettable experience.
Experiences and Tours in Turkey
There is an ample choice of explorations and tours visitors can choose from when in Turkey. Being a country shaped by centuries of history, cultural and historical tours are always on the list. Add to that the unmatched culinary experiences and outdoor adventures to get the best of your Turkey holiday.
- Historical and cultural tours will not only feed your eyes but also your brain. FYI, Turkey is home to some of the world’s most beautiful historical sites that you can visit on guided tours, giving you a sight of their importance in shaping the nation’s history.
- An organized Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise is the perfect way to appreciate the city and the iconic landmarks that surround it.
- Have a knowledgeable guide to take you to the most scenic trekking routes in the Taurus Mountains.
- Visit local cafes and restaurants to sample Turkish cuisine known for its bold flavors. Also, do not forget that Turkish coffee is known to be delicious and strong.
- Turkish baths and spas are great ways to end the day. Traditional Turkish baths are the locals’ favorite option for relaxation and rejuvenation. These are common in big and other cities where you can get a steam bath and a massage at the same time.
Best Things to See and Do in Turkey
Here are the suggested things to see and do by travel guide – Turkey:
- Visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Spice Market, and the Grand Bazaar in just one city in Istanbul.
- Experience the famous hot air balloon rides in Cappadocia. Other must-see places in the region include the Pigeon Valley, Goreme Open Air Museum, and Kaymakli Underground City.
- Tour the several ancient ruins
- Do not forget to try delicious and diverse Turkish cuisine. Enjoy kebabs and baklava.
- Relax on the beautiful beaches of Palatara, Iztuzu, and more.
- Skii and get a stunning view of the mountains
- Do not miss the fun and excitement on the Turkish Riviera known for its historical sites, beaches, and nightlife.
When To Visit Turkey
The months of June until August are the best time to visit the coastal region of Turkey including Istanbul. Meanwhile, the months of April and May, September to November have milder temperatures making these months ideal for outdoor activities.
If you are a skiing enthusiast or travel guide – Turkey recommends the months of December to February to visit skiing resorts. Generally, being a country with a diverse climate, the best time to visit Turkey depends on the region you want to explore.