Jordan is a country in the Middle East with numerous historic cities, religious sites, luxury resorts, and unmatched hospitality. With only about 10 million population, Jordan is a safe holiday destination waiting to be discovered.
Experiences and Tours in Jordan
For your travel guide – Jordan, you might want to consider these tours:
- Explore Amman. The capital city is home to architectural, cultural, and historical wonders.
- Explore the ancient city of Petra. This beauty in the middle of the desert is the country’s most visited destination. Petra is believed to be the capital of the nomadic Arab tribe and is now a UNESCO Heritage landmark.
- Take a guided tour of the vast desert known for its unique rock formations and phenomenal sunsets. The same with other Middle Eastern destinations, you can do camel riding or take a jeep tour, star gazing, or experience Bedouin-style camping.
- Culinary tour when in Jordan is a must to try traditional hummus, falafel, and mansaf. Jordanian cuisine is influenced by many different cultures, so expect the food to be spicy, tasty, and flavorful.
- An organized trek at the Dana Biosphere Reserve is a chance to see the stunning landscapes and have close encounters with plant and animal species.
- Visit the coastal city of Aqaba known for its inviting beaches and crystal-clear waters. Snorkel or scuba dive to catch sight of the wonders under the water.
- Try the spa treatments and relaxation activities offered in many resorts in the Dead Sea.
- Lastly, do not miss the well-preserved Roman city of Jerash. Explore ancient ruins and see the impressive Oval Plaza and Hadrian’s Arch.
Best Things to See and Do in Jordan
- Try Jordanian famous dishes
- Experience the unique Bedouin culture, the nomadic tribes that have occupied Jordan for hundreds of years. If you are fascinated by their unique culture, staying at a Bedouin camp is the perfect way to learn about their traditions and try their delicious cuisine.
- Hike in the Dana Reserve for memorable flora and fauna experience.
- Go deep scuba diving in Aqaba.
- Visit the desert castles in eastern Jordan where ancient fortresses and places dating back to the 8th century.
- Experience the therapeutic benefits of the Dead Sea.
When To Visit Jordan
Travel guide – Jordan recommends visiting Jordan during March, May, September, and November when the weather is mild and pleasant. These months, visitors are expected to enjoy lower temperatures, less crowd, and clear skies, perfect for outdoor activities and explorations.