The best experiences and tours in Oman
The country is home to many different locations to explore and cherish during your stay. Here are some of the best tours you can embark on during your visit to Oman.
- Muscat City Tour. This tour takes visitors through the capital city of Oman, Muscat. It includes visits to several historical landmarks such as the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, the Royal Opera House, the Al Alam Palace, and the Mutrah Souq. This tour provides an excellent opportunity to learn about Oman's culture and history.
- Wahiba Sands Desert Safari. A visit to Oman is incomplete without experiencing the Wahiba Sands, a vast desert area that covers almost 180 km. A desert safari tour allows tourists to explore this unique landscape, ride camels, and experience traditional Bedouin hospitality.
- Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling Tour. Oman is known for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters. A Dolphin watching and snorkeling tour is an excellent way to explore the beautiful coastline and observe dolphins in their natural habitat. This tour also includes snorkeling, where visitors can see an abundance of marine life and colorful coral reefs. It is a must-do activity for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
The best things to see and do in Oman
- Explore the Stunning Natural Landscapes. Oman is known for its beautiful natural landscapes, from towering mountains to pristine beaches and vast deserts, including the Al Hajar Mountains, Wadi Shab, Jebel Akhdar, and the Wahiba Sands.
- Visit the Historic Landmarks. Oman is steeped in rich history and culture, with a range of historic landmarks that tell the country's story. These include the Nizwa Fort, Jabreen Castle, and Bahla Fort.
- Experience Omani Cuisine and Culture. Oman's cuisine is a reflection of its diverse history and influences, making it a must-try for foodies. Visitors can enjoy traditional Omani dishes such as shuwa (slow-cooked lamb), Omani halwa (a sweet dessert), and Omani coffee.
The best time to visit Oman
There are many things that will indulge you to visit Oman, but it would be preferable if you go when the weather is mild and pleasant from October to April. If you are planning to visit the coast, including Muscat and Salalah, the winter months are the best time as the temperatures are mild, and the sea is calm, making it perfect for swimming and water-based activities.
However, if you're interested in desert activities like dune bashing and camel riding, the summer months from May to September are the best time to visit as the temperatures in the desert can be more tolerable. Always bear in mind, it's essential to take necessary precautions to avoid heat exhaustion and dehydration during this time.