The best experiences and tours in Istanbul
Istanbul has a lot to offer to its visitors. So, if you don’t want to miss anything, here are some of the best tours that you can book on your trip to the city:
- The Istanbul private guided tour: If you’re overwhelmed with all the beautiful spots around Istanbul, leave it to your private guide to show you the best places to visit in the city. In this private guided tour, you have one-, two- or three-day options depending on how much you want to explore Istanbul. Here, you’ll cover the best sites like the Spice Market and Hagia Sofia as well as other spots like the Cicek Passage, the Dolmabhce Palace, and even the Bosphorus cruise.
- The Bosphorous yacht cruise If you want to explore Istanbul from a different perspective, you can book this Bosphorous yacht cruise where you’ll stop by the Asian side of the city to enjoy some coffee and snacks while you enjoy the neighborhood. You’ll also get to see all the waterfront sights in the city including the popular Rumeli Fortress.
The best things to see and do in Istanbul
Istanbul has no shortage of things to see and do, but here are our top recommendations:
- Explore Hagia Sophia. One of the most iconic landmarks of the city, the Hagia Sophia Grand Mosque is right at the heart of Istanbul and it features stunning architecture and a grandeur that continues to be a symbol of power in the city.
- Be in awe of the Blue Mosque. Perhaps the most striking building in all of Istanbul is the beautiful Blue Mosque, which has six minarets and different domes. The building got its name from the blue Iznik tiles that were used on its interiors.
- Shop at the Grand Bazaar. Of course, no trip to Istanbul wouldn’t be complete without shopping at the Grand Bazaar located in the Old City. Here, you can shop for anything from food to local crafts that will surely make you reminisce about your trip to Istanbul.
The best time to visit Istanbul
If you want to enjoy the best weather in Istanbul, you should plan your trip during spring, which runs from April to May, and fall, which runs from September to October. Here, you can go around the city without the sweltering heat that you’d otherwise experience during the summer.