The best experiences and tours in Cappadocia
Are you traveling to Cappadocia for the first time? Here are some of the best tours that you should book to make the most of your trip:
- The Cappadocia hot air balloon tour: Perhaps there’s no better way to explore Cappadocia than on a hot air balloon. In fact, it has become a symbol of Cappadocia where you get to see the beautiful region including its fairy chimneys, caves, and valleys from above. A lot of tourists visiting Turkey never fail to make a stop by Cappadocia just to experience this hot air balloon ride.
- The Cappadocia tour on foot: If you prefer being on the ground, book this tour of the region where you get to hike to one of its villages and enjoy an authentic lunch with the locals by the river. You also get to see the Kaymakli Underground City and the Selime Monastery.
- The Cappadocia private tour: If you want to be extra cozy and comfortable during your trip, you can book the Cappadocia private tour where a guide will show you around some of the top spots in the region.
The best things to see and do in Cappadocia
Cappadocia may be dubbed the Land of the Fairy Chimneys, but there’s also more to explore in this part of Turkey:
- Visit the Goreme Open-Air Museum: There’s probably nothing like this anywhere else in the world, an open-air museum where you get to see artifacts in their natural habitat. This UNESCO World Heritage site used to be a settlement for monks and at the heart of the site is the beautiful Dark Church.
- Explore Rose Valley: If you want to see the famous fairy chimneys of Cappadocia, you should walk around the Gulludere Vadisi or Rose Valley. This beautiful trail offers some of the best views of the region and you can also stop by some important sites including the Cross Church Café.
- Wander around the Kaymakli Underground City: This unique underground city features a series of tunnels that used to be occupied by locals. You also don’t need to worry about being claustrophobic since these tunnels have high ceilings and are well-lit.
The best time to visit Cappadocia
Cappadocia doesn’t accept tourists from November to March, so the best time to book your trip to this part of Turkey is between June, July, and August when the weather is ideal.