Introducing AlUla City
AlUla City was once an important stop during the ancient incense trade route. Today, the city remained an important destination in the Kingdom because of its natural and stunning landscapes, and rich historical and cultural background. The city is also home to modern amenities, resorts, hotels, and landmarks that will give visitors the life of old and modern AlUla City.
Experiences and Tours in AlUla City
There are several tours and explorations that visitors can have while in AlUla City. Here are some of the travel guides - AlUla City in Al Madinah Province suggestions and the most popular:
- Take a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hegra, home to several rock arts and inscriptions offering an insight into the daily life and beliefs of Nabateans, the people of ancient Arabia.
- Wander around the AlUla Old Town where visitors can explore the narrow streets, mud-brick buildings, an ancient mosque, and more to learn about the region’s culture and history.
AlUla City in Al Madihan Province offers a wide range of experiences for its visitors ranging from touring archeological sites to taking in the city’s natural beauty.
Best Things to See and Do in AlUla City
Being home to a UNESCO heritage site and some of the most fascinating natural wonders, AlUla City has some of the best things to see and do.
- The Elephant Rock: This unique rock formation is a stunning landmark best for hiking and nature viewing.
- Camel Ride: There is no better way to explore the desert than doing it the traditional way? Take a guided tour and experience the old way by riding on the back of a camel.
- Hot Air Balloon: Take a hot air balloon ride for a unique way of exploring and appreciating the desert landscape.
- Go Hiking: See up close the natural wonders, ancient rock art, and rock formations as you take the trek to some of the world’s most popular hiking trails.
- City Tour: Admire the beauty of the old AlUla town that showcases traditional houses and a vibrant marketplace where one can buy souvenirs and local crafts.
When to Visit AlUla City in Al Madinah Province
The most wonderful time to visit the city is from November to March when the temperatures are mild and comfortable. But if you want to enjoy its beauty with less crowd, the travel guide - Visit AlUla City recommends April to May and September to October.