Introducing – Tashkent
The best experiences and tours in Tashkent
Take a dip into popular tourist destinations available for tourists like you.
- Tashkent City Tour: A city tour is a great way to explore the highlights of Tashkent and learn about its rich history and culture. A guided tour will take you to some of the most famous landmarks, such as the Khast-Imam Complex, the Chorsu Bazaar, and Independence Square.
- Samarkand Day Trip: Samarkand is a must-see destination in Uzbekistan and is located just a few hours from Tashkent. A day trip to Samarkand will allow you to explore the stunning Registan Square, Shah-i-Zinda Necropolis, and Ulugbek Observatory. This tour usually includes transportation, guide services, and entrance fees.
- Traditional Uzbek Cooking Class: Uzbek cuisine is famous for its delicious flavors and unique preparation methods. Taking a traditional Uzbek cooking class will allow you to learn about the local ingredients and techniques and prepare some of the most famous Uzbek dishes, such as plov, shashlik, and samsa. These classes are usually held in local homes or restaurants and include a meal at the end.
The best things to see and do in Tashkent
If you simply can’t get enough of the marvelous locations in Tashkent, try these other activities.
- Explore the Old City: Tashkent's Old City, known as the "Eski Shahar," is a maze of narrow streets, ancient buildings, and mosques that date back to the 15th century. Exploring this area will give you a glimpse into the city's rich history and culture.
- Visit the State Museum of History: The State Museum of History of Uzbekistan is one of the best museums in the country and is home to a vast collection of artifacts and exhibits that showcase the region's history and culture. The museum includes displays of Uzbekistan's ancient civilizations, Islamic art, and traditional costumes.
The best time to visit Tashkent
The perfect season to visit Tashkent is during the spring (April to May) and autumn (September to November) months when the weather is mild and pleasant. During this time, temperatures range from 15 to 25 degrees Celsius, and the city is full of beautiful blooms and greenery.
The summer months (June to August) can be quite hot, with temperatures often exceeding 30 degrees Celsius, while the winter months (December to February) can be quite cold, with temperatures often falling below freezing. However, if you're interested in winter sports, this is a great time to visit the nearby mountains for skiing and snowboarding. Ultimately, your worthwhile experience in visiting Tashkent depends on your preferences and what you want to see and do while you're there.