Luxor is the only city in Egypt that boasts one-third of the world’s ancient landmarks. Seeing these ancient attractions will take you 4000 years back. Not only that, Luxor is a food paradise where you can find a variety of delicious food. Then, shop in Luxor’s old markets, enjoy the amazing view and get to know Luxor, the city that will take you back into the past.
Experiences and Tours in Luxor
Tours in Luxor will give you a glimpse of Egypt’s rich history and culture. Travel guide – Luxor recommends doing these popular experiences and tours:
- A tour of the Luxor Temple: The temple is well-preserved and built over 3,000 years ago. If you are into history, the Luxor Temple tour should be on your itinerary.
- Museum Tour: See the large collection of Egyptian artifacts like statues, stone coffins, and others
- Valley of the Kings Tour: An organized tour will take you to the tombs of pharaohs while at the same time learning about the Egyptians’ afterlife beliefs.
- Felucca Ride: Take a felucca ride on the Nile River to appreciate the beauty of Luxor and its famous landmarks. A boat tour of the Nile is also a relaxing and peaceful way to end the day.
- Sound and Light Experience: The light and show at the Karnak Temple is another experience you should not miss. It is a nightly activity that tells the story of the temple’s history and the pharaohs who built it through light and sound effects.
Best Things to See and Do in Luxor
Here are some of the best things to see and do in the city of Luxor:
- Visit one of the most beautiful temples in Egypt, the Karnak Temple
- Take a hot air balloon ride for a breathtaking view of the city
- Explore the Valley of Kings where the pharaohs were buried and see the tombs of Tutankhamun
- Another must-see is the Luxor Temple. And then, head to the Luxor Museum for its impressive collection of artifacts from the ancient Egypt period
- Sample the delicious and traditional dishes at restaurants and cafes
- Do not miss the Nile River cruise to appreciate the countryside, and a different perspective of the local villages, ancient temples, and more
When to Visit Luxor
The weather in Luxor is generally warm. Travel guide – Luxor recommends the best months of October to April when the temperatures are mild and comfortable. During these months, you can venture into tours and things to do in comfort. But if you do not mind the scorching heat and looking for cheaper rates, the summer months of May to September are ideal.