There are many reasons why people are drawn to visit the dynamic city of Jerusalem. Tradition, history, and culture buffs will love this city. But of course, Jerusalem is not only teeming with old attractions but modern-day attractions, too that everyone can enjoy.
Experiences and Tours in Jerusalem
Here are a few reasons why you should consider visiting Jerusalem:
- Religious Tours: Christianity, Islam, and Judaism consider Jerusalem a holy city. A trip to Jerusalem is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit religious sites like the Al Aqsa Mosque, the Dome of the Rock, the Western Wall, and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Historical Tours: Jerusalem’s history dates back thousands of years playing a pivotal role in major historical events. A visit to Jerusalem is a momentous event to have a better understanding of it's colorful past.
- Culinary Tours: Jerusalem is known for its mix of different influences evident in its culinary delights. Try its unique and delicious dishes which combine several cultural inspirations: Mediterranean, Jewish, and Arab. Hummus, falafel, and shakshuka are some of the must-try dishes.
- Cultural Tours: Cultural events, festivals, and art exhibits happen throughout the year in Jerusalem. As a melting pot of cultures, discover remarkable affairs and happenings that suit every traveler’s unique taste and preference.
- Architectural Tours: Jerusalem is home to many historic buildings and a trip to the city will never be complete without seeing its beautiful and historic structures. The Old City Walls, Al Aqsa Mosque, and the Dome of the Rock are just two physical pieces of evidence of its diverse cultural influences and interesting history.
Best Things to See and Do in Jerusalem
Jerusalem is a captivating city with ample offerings for everyone. Whether you are interested in culture, history, or food, or simply want to discover new destinations, Jerusalem is worth visiting. Here are a few travel guides – Jerusalem suggested activities to try while in the Holy City:
- Visit Haram Sharif with the Al Aqsa Mosque and The Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest Muslim sites.
- Visit the Israel Museum to appreciate its vast collection of archeology and arts
- Visit the Mount of Remembrance for the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, a memorial and museum dedicated to the victims of the Holocaust
- The Tower of David Museum is another site dedicated to Israel’s history
- Stroll the Mahane Yehuda Market to sample local food, shop for spices, fresh produce, and more
- Have a better view of the city at the Mount of Olives
- Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, one of the holiest Christian sites is said to be Jesus Christ’s place of crucifixion and burial
- The Garden Tomb is another important site to visit believed by some to be the actual burial place of Jesus
- Tour the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens with over 6,000 plant species, an oasis that offers a relaxing place after a busy day joining tours
When to Visit Jerusalem
The best months to visit Jerusalem depend on your travel goals, interests, and preferences. If you prefer months with cooler temperatures, travel guide – Jerusalem highly recommends March to May and September to November.
And if you prefer the peak summer months, visit Jerusalem between June and August. However, higher prices and rates are the downsides. Meanwhile, if you want good deals and cheaper rates, the winter months of December to February are recommended.