The historic city of Bukhara boasts stunning mosques, ancient mausoleums, fortresses, taste, and hospitality like no other. This travel guide – Bukhara will give you reasons why Bukhara is not only visually appealing but a holiday destination that calms your soul.
Experiences and Tours in Bukhara
Bukhara is a gem in Uzbekistan, making it a spectacular destination for tourists looking for truly something special. Here are some of the reasons why you should visit Bukhara, the Capital of Islamic Culture.
- Silk Road Tour: What better way to experience Bukhara than exploring the ancient route? This tour will give you a glimpse of how merchants lived and traded their goods.
- Old City Tour: Take a guided tour to explore the old city on foot. Admire the architecture and tile work of the Po-I-Kalyan Complex with the Kalyan Minaret, the highlight of the tour with a story that dates back to the 13th century.
- Summer Palace Tour: Take a trip to Sitorai Mohi Kosa Palace, the summer palace of the last Emir of Bukhara. Admire the beautiful gardens and the unique blend of European and Oriental architectural styles.
- Bazaar and Shopping Tour: Wander through the vibrant bazaars of Bukhara where a wide range of choices will delight you from spices, textiles, jewelry, handicrafts, and other items ideal for souvenirs.
Best Things to See and Do in Bukhara
- Immerse yourself in history by visiting remarkable structures in the city or nearby. The Ark of Bukhara is one of the oldest structures in the city and notable scholars and scientists have lived in this fortress. Museums, palaces, mosques, and complexes will help you learn more about the city of Bukhara.
- Enjoy a meal in nearby restaurants or cafes after a day of sightseeing. Make sure to try Uzbekistan’s national dishes like manti, plov, somsa, and shurpa.
- Experience Bukharan’s hospitality by enjoying sweets and tea. Many restaurants serve a selection of tea and sweets, a specialty only in Uzbekistan. Enjoy your tea blended with herbs and spices.
- Have a relaxing massage at a traditional Hammam. The experience will not only take you back in time but also will relax your body and mind.
When to Visit Bukhara
Travel guide – Bukhara recommends visiting the city from April to June and September to October when the temperature is mild, a great time to explore the city and enjoy outdoor activities. The months of September to October have pleasant and comfortable weather, allowing you to wander the city of Bukhara on foot. It is also during these months when beautiful landscapes and foliage are at their best.
Summer months (June to August) in Bukhara can be extremely hot, so the travel guide – Bukhara suggests planning your trip during spring (April to June) or autumn (September to October).