Aswan has been a famous tourist destination for years for its beautiful landscapes, rich history, well-preserved archaeological sites, and serene views. Visitors can choose from several tours and things to see and do ranging from ancient temples, river cruises, exploring the local markets, and more. Find unique souvenirs and keep unforgettable memories when you visit the city of Aswan.
Experiences and Tours in Aswan
Travel guide –Aswan allows you to experience the unique beauty and attractions through these experiences and tours everyone can enjoy:
- A Tour of Nubian Villages: Get a glimpse of how the Nubian people’s culture and way of life. It is also a great opportunity to enjoy traditional Nubian food and shop for handicrafts.
- Botanical Gardens Tour: The Aswan Botanical Gardens are home to hundreds of flower species from India, the Far East, and other parts of Africa. Covering 6.8 hectares, visitors can see birds, and majestic trees, and enjoy the spectacular view of the sunset.
- Tour the High Dam: Take a tour of the High Dam and learn about how it provides hydroelectric power to the entire region. See modern engineering at its finest while learning about its history.
- Visit the Temple of Philae: Take a boat ride to the island and explore the beauty of Philae Temple. The temple is dedicated to goddesses Isis, Horus, and Orisis, and where walls are carved with scenarios from Egyptian mythology.
- Explore the Tombs of the Nobles: Learn about the lives of the nobles; appreciate beautiful paintings, intricate carvings, and best-preserved Egyptian artifacts.
- Tour at the St. Simeon Monastery: Visiting St. Simeon Monastery is like hitting two birds with one stone. A tour of the monastery lets you experience a fun camel ride while at the same time enjoying the stunning view along the way.
Best Things to See and Do in Aswan
- Take a Nile River cruise to experience the unique beauty of Aswan
- Visit the Abu Simbel temples, a UNESCO World Heritage site built by King Ramses II
- Visit the Aswan Dam and marvel at modern engineering
- Visit the Philae temple for its impressive architecture
- Take a camel ride and explore the desert, tour the Bedouin village, watch the sunset, and just bask in the marvelous beauty of the desert
- Visit Elephantine Island for some of Aswan’s oldest ruins
- See the Tombs of the Nobles
- Explore the Nubian Villages
When to Visit Aswan
The best months to visit Aswan are December, January, and February when temperatures are pleasant for sightseeing. However these months are also the peak seasons, thus, high crowds and high prices are expected.
But, if you want to avoid the crowds and expensive rates, travel guide –Aswan recommends the months of October to November and March and April. But then again, the best time to visit Aswan depends on your travel goals and preferences.